Sunday, March 8, 2009

Invitation For A 1st Year Death Anniversary

Montedidio - Erri De Luca: Rafaniello

Mast'Errico takes guests into a shoemaker's workshop called Rafaniello Don, I'll also cleaned in place, around the bancariello and the pile of shoes that adjusts. E 'come to Naples for some lace in Europe after the war. It went straight over to Montedidio mast'Errico and started to arrange the shoes puverielli. Makes them new again. Rafaniello is why they call it red hair, green eyes, and wears a small tip on top of a hump back. In Naples, as they saw him they attacked him the name of ravaniello. So he became Don Rafaniello. He does not even know how many years is in the world.


I do not understand the children age, their forty or eighty have the same trouble. I once heard on the stairs to ask her grandmother Maria if she was old. That said no, Mary asked if the grandfather was old and the grandmother said no. Then Mary asked: "But the old do not exist?", And has taken a blow. I understand them the years of people, but those Rafaniello not. In the face has a hundred years, in the hands of forty, the hair winds, all red bush. In the words I do not know, speaks little voice fine fine. He sings in a foreign language, when I clean out his corner makes me smile and move wrinkles and freckles, it seems when it rains on the sea.


And 'good enough, Rafaniello, adjust the shoes to puverielli and does not pay. Also arrives at a couple who wants a new. Just grab the measure with a piece of string, knots of us who know him and then he begins to do. That comes back to misurarsele and is just the shoes, the better the glove. She loves to walk people. Rafaniello does not hurt a fly and not fly in its way. The flying around but do not rely on him, even if there are a lot. Mast'Errico hand shakes his neck like a horse carriage to take them off the face while the hands are busy. It also snorts like a horse. The slam around the rag and let those stay for a second.


I wear sandals even in winter, the foot grows and may even stick out a little without having to buy a new pair. They're small, and taken them Rafaniello swept while barefoot, not to consume them. There has been noticing me. When I put my lunch I go right, I'm worried that convenient to have the wrong shoes. I looked at him and he has made, is the head. I tell him thanks don Rafanie, he replied: "No Father," but you are a good Christian, do the charity at the foot of puverielli, you deserve the Don. "No, no, the don is good for others and then I'm not even Christian. Where I come from my name with a name almost identical Rafaniello. "I was silent, I had not exchanged ten words with him. The leather sandals was fragrant, raised his hand. At home, Mom told me good I want to do right by people. With Rafaniello not true, that everyone loves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment